These are links to some software packages and scripts that I have written. For more see my Github.com page.
- ref_indexA Python module for calculating refractive index of air, and for converting wave length of light in vacuum to that in air, and vice-versa. The code is based on the documentation for the NIST online refractive index calculator.
- lineid_plotThis Python module is an adaptation of the lineid_plot.pro procedure in the IDLAstro IDL library. It can be used to automatically place labels in a plot, in such a way that the labels do not overlap each other.
- jdcalA Python module containing functions for calculating Julian dates from proleptic Gregorian and Julian calendar dates. Julian dates are handled as two floating point numbers, instead of one number. This prevents loss of precision in time that would occur if only one number is used.
- AnglesA Python module that has classes and functions for representing and manipulating angles. See blog post Angles – angles and angular positions in Python
- pytpm: A python interface to Jeff Percival’s TPM C libraryPython interface to Jeff Percival‘s Telescope Pointing Machine C library.